Virgin Atlantic looks for customer-friendly people with a positive attitude and high standards of professionalism, who genuinely enjoy helping our customers, solving problems and building our reputation for great service.
Virgin Atlantic is a British airline that operates from London-Gatwick, London-Heathrow and Manchester. The airline offers long-haul flights only, mostly to the United States and the Caribbean. Virgin Atlantic operates Airbus A330 & A340 and Boeing 747 & 787 aircraft with a three-class cabin configuration (Economy, Premium Economy and Upper/Business Class). Passengers are a mix of business and leisure guests.
To be Cabin Crew, Virgin Atlantic requires you to be:
- You need to be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Have an arm reach of 210cm. (This will be checked at interview stage)
- Be able to brace with your feet flat on the floor whilst sitting in our jump seat which is 45cm off the floor. (This will be checked at interview stage without shoes)
- Have no live criminal convictions or cases pending, including drink driving convictions
- You must have a minimum of three GCSE or equivalent level passes
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- A confident swimmer. You will need to demonstrate that you can swim 25 metres unaided and tread water whilst putting on and manually inflating a life jacket. This will be tested during training
- Committed to undertaking a rigorous five to six-week training programme.
- Minimum of one year continuous face to face customer service experience.
Contract: After completing your initial training course, you will receive a six-month temporary contract. After that, you might receive a permanent contract.
1. Cabin Crew
2. Senior Cabin Crew: after 4-5 years
3. Cabin Service Supervisor: after 8 years
4. Flight Service Manager: after 10 years
Salary / Wage:
The starting salary is approx. £13,200 basic salary per year. In addition you will receive approx. £50 per return flight as sector pay. You also receive commission on the duty free sales.
On average, you will make £1050-1200 after tax. In addition to that, you will receive a layover allowance of approx. £120 per night stop.
Your home base will be located in London (Gatwick and Heathrow). After some years you might be entitled to move to the Manchester base.
Working at Virgin Atlantic means that you will always fly long haul flights and will stay at your destination for at least one night. On most flights you will not stay longer than one night, but flights with up to 4 nights at your destination are possible.
Roster / Schedule:
Your schedule will mostly contain around six return flights. You will fly to your destination on day one, stay for one night, return on day three and will have days off on days four and five. At day six, your new rotation will start.
Virgin Atlantic benefits include-
- Flexible Pension
- Life assurance and Spouse & dependants benefits
- Income Protection
- Airshare – profit share
- Private Medical Plan
- Childcare benefit
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Access to the Staff Store, Salon and Gym
Virgin Atlantic Crew Bases
Virgin Atlantic are based out of London Gatwick, London Heathrow and Manchester airport. The airline also operates flights from Glasgow and seasonal flights from Belfast. “The Base” is virgins headquarters is located in Crawley.
Virgin Atlantic Company Facts
Richard Branson, Founder
Craig Kreeger, CEO
2015 Turnover: £2,782 million
Fleet Size: 40 (including the A330-300, A340-600 and Boeing 787-9, on order A380-800)
Check out Virgin Atlantics Cabin Crew page for a Day in the life and much more information: Click Here.