That swivelly thing that you can open and close and move about like and eyeball. Well what do you call it? A correct term several aircraft manufacturers use is “punkah louvre.” The punkah louvre as a device actually has it’s origins in India as a large hinged fan used to circulate the air.

So next time you fly, be sure to call it what it is.

Let’s see how long it takes for punkah louvre to become a household word.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here